We’ve built this boyfriend-style shirt for those who desire a slightly slimmer, slightly shorter cut, but it still retains that cool “borrowed from the boys” look and feel. As the name implies, we’ve modified this boyfriend shirt’s fit through the chest, waist, and hips taking it in a bit and designed the shoulder seam to fall squarely between your shoulders.
Because we’re all about those beautiful details, we’ve created one you’ll see if you roll up those sleeves. (Surprise! Each sleeve is lined with a lightweight, white-on-white stripe fabric!) And did you notice the side seams? Each is covered with two grosgrain ribbons–a 2-inch wide solid black one and a white ribbon with a black stripe–that run the length of the side seam from beneath the arm to the shirt’s tail.
In addition, this fetching piece is appointed with a classic point collar, 4-inch long cuffs, as well as a covered front button placket concealing a row of engraved mother-of-pearl buttons beneath.
If you carry more weight in your chest, waist, and hips, you might wish to order the next size up. In any case, it’s best to check the “Sizing Details” tab—in The Tool Kit—to ascertain this shirt’s dimensions and determine which size will suit you best. (Fan of the His is Hers® Original Shirt? Why not compare the two sizing charts to get a better idea of the perfect fit for you?)
- Made with heavy 100% cotton oxford in crisp white
- Side seams covered with two coordinating black + white grosgrain ribbons
- Classic point collar
- Fitted Shoulders
- Sleeves are lined with a lightweight fabric
- Box pleat on the back yoke of the shirt
- Covered front button placket
- Mother-of-pearl buttons
- Front (left) chest pocket
- 4-inch long, single-button barrel cuffs
- Our model Shanel is 5'10" tall and is wearing a size small